Follow the Megatrends at Retail Risk – New York
What does the future hold for retail loss prevention?
A diverse panel of industry leaders will be telling LP professionals their fortunes at the Retail Risk – New York conference on September 14th 2017.
The participants in this crystal ball gazing session will be discussing “Megatrends in Loss Prevention”. Big changes are guaranteed, they will agree.
The five panelists will bring decades of experience and a variety of viewpoints to the question. They are:
Brand L. Elverston, who was until recently Director, Asset Protection Strategic Initiatives at Walmart, and has since launched Elverston LLC Consulting Services with the motto “When traditional simply isn’t working”.
Gregg Smith, Sr. Director, Asset Protection at Five Below, a specialty/variety discount chain that has grown to over 500 stores in 14 years.
Matthew J. Haughton, Assistant Vice President-Corporate Security, L’Oreal USA, who is responsible for protecting his brand’s identity and assets from manufacturing through to retail stores.
Chad MacIntosh, Vice President of LP & Risk Management with the premier department store chain Bloomingdale’s.
And Arditi Halili, Global Loss Prevention analyst, Swarovski, who intriguingly describes her current role as “designing a global data platform from the unknown”.
Chairing the panel, and the conference, will be Chris McDonald, Vice President of Loss Prevention, Compass Group, NAD, who commented, in response to the question:
“There’s a big industry out there. A lot of people think of Loss Prevention just in terms of retail, when there is LP in manufacturing, the hotel industry and more.”
His job with Compass Group, which he joined six years ago, was his first foray into the hospitality sector, he told Retail Risk News. Many LP professionals may follow his lead.
The panel discussion will revolve around a number of talking points:
- What do the panellists see as their main focus today – where do they put their energies?
- How have they seen their roles change in the last 5- 10 years?
- Who are they looking to hire to help them maintain success and what key skills do their teams possess or need to develop?
- What concerns or issues keep them up at night?
- Will data become the most valuable commodity on the planet and the biggest threat to businesses?
- And how will CCTV and other technologies evolve to provide enhanced income streams as well as better protection?
A line-up of other expert LP practitioners will also be speaking at the event which is free and will include a networking lunch.
To register click here…
Source: Loss and Prevention News